Just like any other sector today, the transportation and logistics industry is facing a change – new market entrants, business models, customer expectations, and technologies are emerging. Catching up with latest challenges CEE’s most significant logistics business event TRANSLOG Connect Congress will taking place on 13-14 November 2019, at the Budapest Congress Center in Hungary to present the innovators of the changing industries, to show professional novelties, cost-effective industrial solutions and the latest “spread” of Industry 4.0. The regional gathering also offers a high-level platform for supply chain executives to network and exchange with similarly high ranking peers on value-driving topics with strategic impact for their organization’s success.
The automotive industry is not only one of the world’s most important economic sectors by revenue, but it also takes up a leading role in terms of quality expectations, product variety and process complexity. Driven by globalization and increasing customer requirements, car manufacturers are forced to offer a wide range of different vehicle models with an even higher amount of configurations. An average upper-class car model of a premium automobile brand can reach far over one thousand possible different variations. With several rapidly developing digital technologies and profound research in the field of acceleration, mobility behavior will change constantly. How will the automotive industry transform within a few years if European new electrified & hybrid car registrations reached over 30 per cent in 2018?
TEG The Events Group – organizer of TRANSLOG Connect – shaped an extensive programme to address the current issues and capitalize some opportunities and good practices. The event places key future innovation in a unique setting, ensuring exclusiveness and aiming to gather thought leaders and influencers from best‐in‐class companies in Europe:
- How is electric car manufacturing transforming the automotive supply chain? How to take advantage & stay competitive? – Prof Dr Sebastian Kummer, Head of the Institute of Transport and Logistics at Vienna University of Economics and Business
- How artificial intelligence, big data and virtual reality supports change?Digital Transformation in BMW Logistics – Dr Dirk Dreher, Vice President Logistics Planning at BMW Group
- The new Mobility Age and its supply chain challenges in preference to supply risk management 4.0 at Continental- a holistic approach and its best practices – Petra Becker, Vice President of Supply Network& Supply Chain Risk Management at Continental
- Smart Warehouse Automatization; High & low-cost solutions applicable for all business sizes and industries with practical examples and success stories– Stefan Putzlocher, Head of Global Warehouse and Facility Planning, Global Service and Parts (GSP) at Daimler AG
- What are the role of new technologies & robots in inventory optimization, collaborative planning & forecasting? Testing Gideon Brothers robots in Atlantic Grupa’s new warehouse – Lana Herceg Gojević, Head of Purchasing & Stock Management at Atlantic Grupa
- New Silk Road: Expectations and Challenges in the Context of the Sino-USA Dispute; Details on the Chinese economic expansion in Europe -Who will win? Logistics infrastructure: the motor of commerce & development and ideas on how to adapt – Rafael Llopis, China Chief Representative, Aragon Exterior Shanghai Rep. Office
- How can IoT be used to connect people and processes intelligently? How can manufacturers detect deteriorated product quality and maximum product availability early to optimize inventory levels and working capital?– Stefan Reidy, founder and CEO of the Arviem AG
- How to analyze and leverage 2 petabytes of freight data – using artificial intelligence, data science and machine learning – to make more informed decision and predictive analysis?C.H. Robinson’s technology platform and vision for the future of supply chains – Arkadiusz Glinka, Director of Transportation at C.H. Robinson
It is well-known that artificial intelligence, machine learning and automation are considered as key drivers of digital transformation that has created a whole new business ecosystem. To reflect the wave, TEG is launching its new Innovation Networking Platform, which allows innovators and companies to deliver 10-minute teaser presentations and introduce their cutting-edge concepts and solutions to the audience of over 500 decisionmakers.
With its state-of-the-art topics and engaged audience the event providesa trulyinspirational environment for supply chain enthusiast and professionals to discuss new solutions, current challenges, and responsibilities companies face in warehousing, transportation, logistics and supply chain management. International and regional companies from several countries have already reserved a spot at the event, including C.H. Robinson, Arviem, cargo-partner, L-mobile, Timocom, Trans.eu, Marvicon, Honeywell, Shippeo, IBCS & SPICA Alliance, SupplyStack,dfYOUNG, Everoad and many more.
The prestigious gathering has been bringing together exhibitors and visitors since 2011 which has helped numerous small enterprises to become market leaders, while at the same time supporting large-scale enterprises on their road toexpansion. The organizers welcome all members of the industry to network and benchmark through influential keynote talks, engaging panel discussions, networking lunches, as well as pre-scheduled and pre-qualified business meetings.