The 1st Annual WOF Summit Vienna brought together key players in the logistics and supply chain of the CEE region. The hybrid event took place in the Hotel Marriott Vienna and was held under the auspices of the City of Vienna and the Vienna Convention Bureau – Meeting Destination Vienna.
Over two days the WOF Summit welcomed panel discussions, keynotes, exhibitors, and of course, lots of business meetings. Companies Budapest Airport, Packeta Group, Gebrüder Weiss, Quick Cargo Service, C.H. Robinson, Forto, DoDo and Logenix presented themselves at the summit. More than 50 speakers and around 300 delegates came together to discuss the role of digitalization, technology and innovation as key drivers to transform the entire supply chain and logistics. The speakers shared insights into current e-commerce challenges and opportunities and touched upon sustainable investing within the industry for all.
• Smart Digitalization is key for a competitive advantage in purchasing, execution & freight bill auditing. Missing standardization across the industry is the biggest pain point and needs joint efforts and better collaboration.
• E-Commerce boom changed the logistics environment substantially & there are reliable plug-in and play solutions for Startups.
• Key trends in last-mile distributions are reliability on exact time windows for consumers and a move towards same-day deliveries in certain categories.
• We see low reliability combined with skyrocketing costs in the global supply chains. Companies try to change their supply chains to multi-channel strategies and react with higher stock levels to global uncertainties.
• Women are key to success in logistics companies yet we are still lacking women’s power in top management positions. Luckily we are on a good way and we have some excellent examples to change this in the near future.
• Logistics is people business. The fight for the best talents is on fire and those companies who provide a high-quality company culture, a digitalization and sustainability approach, combined with a good work-life balance and positive leadership culture have a big strategic advantage.
– It was great to have such an amazing group of logistics and supply chain professionals gathered together. Summit participants had also the chance to pre-arrange their business meetings in advance so as to enjoy a great networking experience and make the most out of the event – said organizators.
WOF CONNECT & CHARITY
During the first day of the summit, VIP guests enjoyed themselves at the preeminent gala night – WOF Connect & Charity. The festive evening was a highlight of the two days of WOF Summit. The evening programme offered a combination of networking, music and dance, inspirational people and stories, and of course an ultimate foodie experience.
Building on the success of the first charitable event during the WOF Expo 2021 in Bratislava, this year we looked beyond our fundraising borders with the Austrian Cancer Aid which supports cancer patients and their relatives in their 66 cancer centres in Austria. A special thanks to all the companies, partners and individuals who decided to help a good cause. Amount of 7149,50 EUR was donated to Österreichische Krebshilfe.
What about the WOF SUMMIT 2023?
– Work has already started on the 2023 hybrid event, so make sure you put the date in your diary – 22-23 March 2023. We encourage you to get in touch with us today to discuss your participation. Please, be sure to mark your calendar also for the WOF Expo Prague on 12 – 13 October 2022 – says from WOF Events.